Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Life is Crazy










This is looooong overdue! Well, as you can imagine life has been a little overwhelming for the Eskelson household. I don't even have time to call my own mother anymore! For me that's pretty bad. I wish I could log everything that has gone on over the last couple months but I'm not even going to try. Sorry. One of the main reasons I had not had time for an update after Carsen's welcome home was because of a very frightening experience. Carsen had only been home about two weeks when he unexpectedly stopped breathing. I can't even put into words what that was like. After stimulation (like the nurses had shown me before) there was no response. I had to start breaths and compressions. Carsen thankfully, started to breathe again. But did not totally recover. He started to slip into it again a couple minutes later. I called 911. They took Carsen to the hospital almost right away. He continued this cycle off and on for a couple of hours until they got him on the ventilator ready to board the Life Flight helicopter back to Primary Children's. Carsen was put through many tests and Dr.'s concluded that it was neurological. They couldn't find any other cause. He is now on a medicine that helps stimulate the area of the brain responsible for breathing. He has done really well with breathing since then. The Dr.'s hope by about ten months of age he will outgrow the risk of not breathing. I won't even go into the realm of emotion that a mother has to go through when enduring something like this. It's undescribeable. It will forever be burned into my mind and my heart. I just pray I will never have to go through that again.


So, ever since then I have been obviously overwhelmed and preoccupied with my responsibilities. These two little angels are quite a handful. But I also must add JOY FUL. They are such a treasure in our lives. They are an immense amount of work but sooooo worth it. My bond with these two continues to grow when I think how can it get any stronger. Carsen is the most wonderful cuddler in the world! How lucky am I! You can just feel his love for you when you hold and love him. And Cierra what a spitfire! She is amazing. She has so much life and vitality in her. And boy does she know how to lay it on. Her smile will nock your socks off! Watch out. You might get sucked in.
I realize this is a very short update for all that has happened. I really didn't want to go into tons of detail about Carsen. We are trying to get past that day and the weeks that followed and enjoy the now. Thanks once again for the continued prayers and thoughts from everyone. It does us so much good. We have the best family and friends in the world!

3 comments:

MJ said...

Hey guys! Thanks for the update. That is truly scary with Carson's breathing ordeal. We know what you mean about alot of work with premie twins at home!!! Oxygen tanks, monitors, feeding, Dr Apointments almost daily it seems, lack of sleep... sheesh! Anyway, keep in touch... we'll have to get together next year sometime. -Mike J.

Unknown said...

Hi Eskelsons: So good to get an update about your kiddos again. I loved all the new pictures, and it looks like everyone is just cute cute cute! Hopefully no more scares with Carson, and everything will continue to go well. Things here in Colorado are fine. Darlene Henderson and I are gone a lot of Sundays as we visit the Primarys throughout the Stake and train some of our new Presidencies. Yesterday we were in Steamboat. Derrick is loving Guatemala, and since it's cheaper having him in the mission field, Greg and I are thinking we will ask him if he wants to extend for another 2 or 3 years. Can't believe he will be home this summer. Greg is overseeing a new project in Dotsero where a big rig truck stop is being built. He will probably be on that project through December. We do miss you here in the Eagle Valley Ward, but know that Vernal is benefitting from our loss. Love, Nickie Fowles

Ashlee said...

wow, I can't even imagine how that must have made you feel. It makes you wonder how in the world Heavenly Father trusts us so much with these angels. You are the woman for it though, both you and Brandon will accmplish anything. We have been talking about getting a condo in Colorado for the week after Christmas. WE would love it if you and the kiddos could join our family for a couple days. I realize that's alot to ask for Brandon's work and ALL the work it would put yout through but maybe you would like to get away??? We would love to spend some time with you so let us know what you think! It would be in Frisco...honeymoon right? Well we love you guys and our prayers are with you.